My Go-To Favourites
I recently heard someone say how annoyed they were with Recipes posted on Blogs. What they wanted was the creator to just get to the point instead of telling a story of the recipe. You know, how you have to scroll down, and down, and down before you actually get to the content you showed up for. I won't do that to you, I won't make you scroll and read through a story of why I love these sandals and nail polish as much as I do. So let's get to it - these are a few of my go-to favourites right now.
- Puff Sleeved Jean Jacket. I'm going to deny I ever gave you the link to this. But I'm sorry, it's $25 and the quality is more than fine. If you know me by now, you know I my love languages are "puff" and "denim" so I consider this a match made in heaven.
- Tinted Moisturizer. I'm usually not a fan. Mainly because my skin has blemishes and I want coverage worthy of Jennifer Lopez hitting the Super Bowl stage. But now that my skin has never been better (thanks to @jamie.your.aesthetician) I'm sold on this lighter version of coverage for the Summer.
- Pearl Necklace. One of the many reasons I love S&D necklaces is the versatility that they offer. This 6-1 necklace gives me all of the bohemian vibes for Summer with extra points for incorporating my favourite - pearls.
- Face Masks. I can't be the only one who likes her mask to somewhat match her outfit while also being able to breathe.
- Platform Sandals. Trendy, but not too trendy, and super comfortable. These metallic beauties are considered a neutral tone which makes them easy to wear with anything. Extra points for having a velcro back.
- Pro Cheek Palette. I mean, if the name doesn't say "perfectly contoured face" it certainly implies it.
- Tiffany Blue Nail Polish. This is the season that I officially break out of my "soft muted white'ish pink" nail polish and swap it out for brighter hues. This has been a go-to fave of mine for years, the nail polish colour, and the jewellery.
- Strawberry Margarita Nail Polish. Once upon a time this was my favourite nail polish colour. And then came alone "long wear" nail polish and I had to break up with it...until now. One of my favourites is now back in a long wear and I'm here for it.
- Shimmer Lip Gloss. Because I'm surprisingly low maintenance with this kind of thing and at this point should be buying stocks in this company. I literally have them everywhere, in almost every drawer and every purse because I can't live a moment without them.
- Knotted Belt. I've never been a "belt" kinda girl. Mainly because I don't have a super defined waist, but also because I've never found one I love. Until this cheap and cheerful beauty arrived in my life. Throw it over any flowy dress this Summer and call it a day. Elasticized to boot - need I say more.
- Baseball Hat. But make it chic. My goal is to round out the entire collection of colours one day.
- Studded Sandals. I held out for a long time on buying these. Mainly because it seemed as though every single person on IG owned them. But eventually the sponsored ads wore me down and now I get it. I REALLY get it. So much so I broke one of my own style rules and bought them in a few colours.
- Tank Top. I have a few rules about tank tops in the Summer: no cropped and no strapless bra required. The henley style of this one + soft stretchy fabric makes this an easy go-to.
- Boyfriend Joggers. Same but different. My favourite go-to boyfriend joggers from Aritzia, but in a lighter weight fabric. Safe to say I broke my style rule on this one too.
- 90's Style Jeans. I have searched high and low for a pair like this and always came up short. These are the perfect combo of high-rise, soft, long and a cheap price point.
- Sweat Shorts. Same as the boyfriend joggers but in short form. Extra points for a wide waist band.
- Straw Hat. A classic fedora that will never go out of style.