If you have followed me at all you know that the struggle for me is real when it comes to promoting and talking about style. I mean, almost every day while deep in conversation about my passion for inspiring women to choose the life they want to live it somehow always gets off track and on the topic of where I got those amazing jeans I posted on Instagram last week – sigh.
Beyond my belief in investing is key essential pieces for your closet (you know – jeans, a white t-shirt, and the list goes on and on…..and on) I also believe that life has a funny way of bringing people together. A few months ago during one of my daily struggles to hit “post” on a great outfit which was also hot on the heels of a Blog Post about all things “Life” – I came across a style Instagram feed that was different. Everything about it – the pictures, the message, the vibe. It was love at first sight (on my end anyway) and little did I know that this love affair I was having was located right in the heart of downtown Toronto.
Like any love affair it started with me liking everything that they did on social media and then commenting (some might call it relentless, I call it persistence!) and then eventually – at the risk of sounding like a crazy person – I found the courage to send them a personal message. Thankfully they didn’t block me, and the rest as they say – is history.
Their names are Rena and Mavis and they are the brilliant duo behind the brand www.smitherystyle.com. Here are the 10 reasons why I love them so (I had to narrow it down just for the record):
- They are a Canadian e-boutique where the best style for every body shape are curated, styled, and modeled on real women (can I get an a-friggin-a-men);
- They take all of the guesswork out of style, size, and fit by supplying the measurements for every model and every item in every size (I dare you to find “real models” on any other style site…..go ahead, seriously – try!);
- They believe all women should know how to create personal uniforms that flatter their body (raise your hand if you do……that’s what I thought);
- They believe a killer closet needs a foundation of Go-To’s (I echo this message);
- They believe NO women should ever feel like she has nothing to %#$@^! wear again (#everyday);
- They do not filter, change, edit or photoshop their models (slow clap ladies, slow clap);
- They decided to leave the corporate world to pursue a passion to help fill a gap in the fashion industry (um, a huge gigantic one);
- They have champagne on hand in their studio (I’m just saying);
- They are 2 of the most lovely people that I have ever met (I’m pretty sure it wasn’t just an act to suck me in hook, line and sinker)
- And for good measure…..each Smithery box arrives at your door like a gift including styling tips for your new finds (I mean, you should know how I feel about gifts arriving at your door).
For me Smithery was the thread that solved my dilemma and love (um, more like obsession) with #selflove and #style. They are about authentic beauty and that is my vibe.
Style should be the final layer for whoever you are and these 2 smithersmiths have created the perfect space to make that happen. Either online at www.smitherystyle.com, at their Studio headquarters in downtown TO (like I said, they have champagne) or at your very own Sip and Click Styling Party (let me tell you, this wouldn’t be one of those party invites that you pretend you can’t make it and then struggle to come up with a lame excuse).
Today they are celebrating their Studio opening and I couldn’t be more happy for them. In honour of this exciting day and my strong belief in buying clothes I have partnered with this beautiful duo so that you can fall in love with them too (just remember I had them first!). From Wednesday, October 26, 2016 – Sunday, October 30, 2016 enjoy 10% off of your purchase with the code “score10“.
In addition to this I have a loot bag to giveaway (I mean, who doesn’t love a loot bag). To be entered to win you need to do the following:
- Follow @smitherystyle on Instagram
- Follow @islapearllife on Instagram
- Share this Blog post on www.facebook.com/islapearllife between October 26 – 30, 2016
- Winner will be announced and contacted on Monday, October 31 2016
In the meantime have fun shopping and check out a few of my personal faves and stay tuned for details on an invite you won’t want to miss out on! 😉
WEBSITE | www.islapearl.com
INSTAGRAM | @islapearllife
TWITTER | @isla_pearl
FACEBOOK | www.facebook.com/islapearllife